Thursday, July 11, 2013

Goodbyes

I had to say all of my goodbyes today. My class runs until 3:30, and by that time most of my new friends will have already driven home. It was painful to see them go, but some of them live in California, and a few plan on visiting San Francisco in the future. To focus on the bright side, I now have tons of new friends that I never would have met without college.

The final for economics wasn't too difficult. I flew through the questions, but it wasn't because they were really easy. The teaching really got to me here, and everything was fresh in my mind. The lecture style of teaching may be more reliant on the students will to learn, but I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow we get to give presentations, and I'm eager to learn what insight my classmates can provide.

Finally, I have a few worries about getting sick. There seems to be some flu going around, and I wouldn't mind too much normally, but traveling sick is one of the worst things in the world. My readers already know how much I hate planes, but there's nothing worse than being on a plane and being sick. (Sorry for the hyperbole, I'm sure there's many worse things.) Here's hoping for an effective immune system and a good night's rest.

No comments: