Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Coffee

I started my day with some coffee in one of the dining halls. Coffee has been a godsend; it really perks me up just enough to be functional in class. I've realized that I really like my coffee with a lot of vanilla as a creamer, with very little sugar or sweeter. No, I'm not one of those people that insist that plain black coffee is fine!

Lecture days are probably the worst, because they just don't captivate my attention that well. Even discussions work better than lectures for me. That coffee I had in the morning kept me relatively focused for the first half of the class, but my attention began to dwindle shortly before the break started. I decided to take advantage of break time to run down and get more coffee, to boost myself for the second half of class. I had a quiz right after the break ended, and I did excellent on it. Later, after I wrote on the chalkboard to explain the answer to a question in class. My instructor jokingly asked me, "what's in your coffee?" I guess I'm learning that coffee will be one of the best things to help me during class!

After class, I went to look around in the bookstore to think about what kind of gifts I want to get to bring home. I ended up buying a hat for myself! 


Otherwise, outside of class, I've been mostly researching for my final project. I haven't had a lot of time to go out with friends today, since I'm focusing on my work! 

No comments: