Friday, July 12, 2013

Departure

I've never felt such a strong attachment to a place as I felt at Brown, other than my homes in Shanghai and Hercules. It was difficult for me to leave my dorm and friends without feeling melancholic. The bonds I have made are similar to that of the bonds made at home. Perhaps, Brown has become another home for me -- somewhere I can comfortably live and study. Of course, it's not as perfect as a real home and doesn't come with all the comforts, but the trade-offs are worth it. The discomforts and inconveniences such as no air conditioning and not being able to drive can be compensated with the great community and facilities.

As with many others, I wish that I could have stayed at Brown a little longer, but it cannot be helped. Time moves on and waits for no one. It's best to take advantage of all the time available and pass the time without any regrets. Hopefully, I can come back in a year to stay for another four years, if you know what I mean.



No comments: