Friday, July 12, 2013

There is Never a Right Time to Say Goodbye

Today was the day we all knew would come, but could not prepare for it just as if it were a surprise. The amount of mixed emotions I felt today was something that is difficult to describe with words. After finishing our presentation I felt a huge load lifted off of my shoulders, but soon there after another thing was placed back on them. I now had to face everyone in my dorm for our final goodbyes. 

The term bitter-sweet comes to mind when I try and think of a way to describe the drastically different culmination of feelings that rushed through my head today. Of course I am excited to see my family, but walking away from my three-week family was strenuously harder than I would have imagined a month ago. 

In the end, all we can have are the memories and lessons that we seize from each time period. This point in my life was very rich in both memories and lessons, and I will forever be grateful to all who made my dream a reality.

No comments: