Monday, July 1, 2013

Gloom

More rain came today. The rain tends to be soothing and refreshing; it washes things away and leaves a clean slate outdoors. Sometimes, however, it leaves an overhanging gloom that just puts a damper on everything. Today might have been one of those days for me.

I woke up relatively early to give myself extra time to prepare in the morning, since I was meeting up with people I met last night for breakfast. It went by pretty well, and I learned a lot more about them. They were some of the people starting their first week! 

Class was a bit hectic, compared to usual. We started a multi-step lab that will span across several days. Even the first part today was quite a bit, and most people had to stay after class by a tad bit to make sure they completed their parts. 

Most of the day from that point on felt rather slow. I had time to finish reading The Fault in Our Stars, which I thought was a fantastic book. I also continued studying to make sure I would pass the quizzes! 

No comments: