Friday, July 5, 2013

Smiles

There was a trip to Scarborough Beach today, though I opted out of it. If I wanted to go, I had to wake up and prepare myself before 8 AM, since that was the designated time to board the buses for the trip. I decided to get some extra sleep instead. Today was pretty relaxed; one of the first things I did outside of necessities was going up Thayer Street to visit stores. Some friends went to get frozen yogurt while I bought a burger at Johnny Rockets. Some of them went to CVS. I was going with them until I saw a vinyl record collection at Urban Outfitter; I ended up buying two albums. After that, we went to a tiny store full of knickknacks. I didn't really want anything there, nor did my friends, so we headed back to the lounge. 

We went to grab dinner after our break in the lounge, though we headed back in soon after. Since it was Independence Day, my friends and I decided to go to the park to watch the fireworks. We went to India Point Park, which was absolutely crowded. I think much of Providence came to this park for the fireworks. I bought some kettle corn while I was waiting for someone else to come to the park. I ended up sitting with her and a group of friends different from earlier, and we watched the fireworks. I haven't seen fireworks in a long time, and it was nearly a new experience for me! I headed back to my dorm soon after, to relax in the lounge until curfew ended. 


No comments: