Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tides

Another Saturday, another trip available. I decided to seize the opportunity to visit Newport today, and I certainly had a blast. Newport is another city in Rhode Island, and it's at the south coastline of the state. It also has a very nice beach! I first explored Thames Street, to look at the shops, though I didn't buy much. I then went to look around at the mansions of the city. They are very impressive! 


I then spent most of the remainder of my time at the beach. I haven't been to the beach in many, many years, so this trip is comparable to a new experience. I did not bring much, so I simply walked around the shallow area of the water. Watching the tides wane and wax is relaxing, and it takes my mind off of everything. 


I had lunch afterwards, and I left with the giant group as time ran out. The rest of the day was just lounging around and relaxing. 

No comments: