Saturday, July 6, 2013

Approaching the Final Stretch

Although this experience feels like real college, today was a true reminder that it is not. In class after doing part of our lesson and then taking  time out for our group projects, we went over the schedule for next week and that is when it all sunk in. We virtually have two more regular class days, one review day, one presentation day, and one test day. Coming to this realization during class was not an exhilarating thing, but necessary none the less. It is going to be a sad day when I have to leave all of my friends that I have made here, but at the same time it will have been an amazing learning experience, one that I can look upon retrospectively for the rest of my life. 

Not only growing in my academic capacity, but also becoming more cultured and learning of things from around the world is an experience that has gone unmatched throughout my life. Every day I learn at least one new one in another language. For instance, learning to count from one to ten in Greek or learning that my name very closely relates to the Arabic word for king. It is safe to say that although I am approaching the end, the memories I have captured here will stay with me for a long time.

No comments: