Friday, July 12, 2013

Ready to Come Home

Today seemed like a perfectly fitting last day.  All the work I had done on my project paid off as my presentation went incredibly smoothly, and the whole class seemed really engaged.  Learning about the various other topics that the rest of the class researched was really interesting, and class flew by.  Before that, I ate my last meal in the Ratty.  It consisted of cheerios and grapefruit juice.  It was weird thinking that, unless I went to Brown, I would most likely never be eating there again.  I had already packed when I woke up, but after realizing I needed something in the bottom of my bag, I got to do it all again after class.  It was exhilarating!  

I then said some more goodbyes, a lot of which were to people to whom I had already bid adieu, and it was nice seeing them again.  It did, however, make me realize all over again that I'm going to miss the hell out of the friends I've made here.  My favorite thing about them was the immense diversity and how that stimulated us to challenge each other's thinking.  It was really nice seeing vastly different perspectives on issues I had really only considered in one way.  I then proceeded to eat way too much food for dinner, which I am now regretting, and I saw a movie that I had been dying to see since I saw the first teaser.  All in all, it was a nice relaxing day, and the perfect way to end my time here.

No comments: