Saturday, May 4, 2013

And Let There be Bloggers


We all met at my high school, De Anza, at 8:00 a.m. for the ILC tutorial on blogging and preparation for our trips to the Ivy Leagues. I have been tired since getting home late (around 11:45 p.m.) on Thursday evening after the ILC dinner and then getting up the next morning for school. Even though I have been tired, I look forward to these Ivy League appointments. I am grateful for what I have learned and for what I have experienced thus far.  
De Anza's computer lab 


Although the tutorial started at 8:00 a.m., we did not start until 8:30 due to technical issues with the computers. Don had to call an IT person to help him with the problem. I empathized with Don because we all know what it is like to have a computer problem and then have a tech person try to help you resolve the issue over the phone. Although we faced a few hurdles, we were able to have an effective tutorial-- thanks to Don. We were shown how to add photos and videos to our blog and what to expect while on the East Coast. Don also provided us with a clear and informative packet that can be used as a reference. It’s always good to get an overall idea of how things are done and what to expect.

Students taking photos for their blogs 
These Ivy League events are truly helpful. I become more experienced and confident each step of the way. Although it seems like a long time from now, my trip to Brown is just around the corner. Already, my experience with this program has been memorable. 

No comments: