Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ILC mets WCCUSD

Another night to be commemorated on this blog.

"Don't ever let someone tell you cannot do it, because you being here today is living proof that you can." - Charles Ramsey, ILC Supporter, 5/15/13

Today, I and my fellow Brown cohorts were formally introduced to the West Contra Costa Unified School District, along with all the other university groups of the Ivy League Connection. This night was full of thoughtful pieces of advice, moving testimonies, and joyous celebrations of our community.

We were introduced to the school board and the sponsors who make this dream program available. The knowledge and pride bestowed in this program was phenomenal. I must say that I received goose bump a few times throughout tonight; from my fellow peers' passionate words, to veteran participants' words of wisdom, this event was enchanting.

I suddenly became aware of how my dream to impact my community was already afloat and surpassing even my own abilities. My participation in this program is already inspiring others to do the same. I cannot contain myself in spreading the quality of opportunity within the ILC to everyone I meet.

This event has even furthered my excitement and anticipation of Brown University and all the wonderful things to come.

No comments: