Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brown Alumni Dinner


I must admit, I was bit skeptical when I first heard about this dinner. I doubted my ability to converse with the adults there and find interesting topics. Needless to say I had an absolutely wonderful time speaking with Brown alumni and members of the School Board. We engaged in deep conversation regarding education, standardized testing, colleges and my personal future.

One of the most relevant and memorable conversation regarded the ability to change your interests throughout life. I was told different stories of adults who were able to alter their jobs and goals, even though they were well past college and even grad school. I'm relieved, now realizing that I have so much more time in my life to decide and discover what I really love doing.

I met a lot of great people tonight and I'm happy I went to the dinner.

Also, the chicken was delicious.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Niels, At some point you all are going to have to come to grips that we’re not telling you fibs--that you’re really a part of a different culture now that you’re a part of the ILC.

The people at these events are going to be interested in you, what you have to say and what you think. Trust me, Niels, it’s all good from this point forward.