Thursday, May 16, 2013

In Front of the School Board

Today, everyone in the Ivy League Connection went to a meeting with the School Board at Lovonya Dejean Middle School. I had some small troubles with getting to the meeting and reaching the parking lot, but I still got to the meeting in time. When I got out of the car, I looked around at the school. It's actually very nice here! The facility looks very clean, like it's new. 

The meeting started around 6:30 PM. First, the Board went over simple opening procedures, like the Pledge of Allegiance. They then went over a proposal in switching control of a program from the school district to the county, though I didn't pay too close attention. Rather, I had some trouble paying attention; I found myself spacing out quite a bit.

I was happy, though, when my cohort was called up to be presented to the school board. I could stand up and somewhat get my blood flowing! The Brown cohort was divided into two groups: one for DNA/Macro, and another for Women and Leadership. Of course, I was with the first group, led by Nate Enfield. He had a very quick speech, followed by another one by one of my cohort members. This repeated for each cohort of the multiple schools in the Ivy League Connection. 

Once that was over with, the School Board spoke about the generous benefactors to the Ivy League Connection. At this point, we were nearing the conclusion for the part of the meeting in which we had to be around for. We all gathered up to take a picture; I decided to sit in the front, as I'm not exactly a tall person, haha. After that, we were pretty much released, and I went to talk to some of my friends in the ILC. I also took a random picture! 

Left to Right: Mike Vroom, Junhui Zhou, and me (Jia Cheng Lian)

No comments: