Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Day in the Lecture Hall

Today is the second day we have our class in the lecture hall. The lecture was a little boring comparing to the labs. During the lab yesterday I barely finished the lab before class ended, while today I found myself constantly checking the time during class. 

The labs are undoubtedly the most interesting part of the course, since we learn about DNA by actually manipulating and observing. Although the lectures are abstract and are less appealing than the labs, they still provide information crucial for the understanding of the labs. Lecturing and reading give us primitive understanding of the material; the labs are more like supplementaries for students to have more understanding and insight of the material. 

I think the main reason I almost fell asleep today during class is not that the lecture was dull comparing to the labs, but that I did not get enough sleep. I need to manage my time more wisely and sleep more.

No comments: