Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Expectations and Uncertainties

It's 10:44 p.m. right now and about 5 hours later I will be at El Cerrito High School waiting for the shuttle to San Francisco Airport. I really should be sleeping right now. I've packed everything except a few things including this laptop I am using right now.

I am excited because of what I expect this trip will be. We are going to visit some prestigious colleges and then stay in Brown for three weeks and meet many new people. According to previous Brownies and their blogs, we are going to have plenty of free time to explore the school and the East Coast and we are likely to be living in single dorms. 

But will all the things I'm expecting happen? No one knows. No one knows the future. No one should know the future or else life would be banal. One thing I'm certain is that there will be uncertainties in this trip, but the combination of expectations and uncertainties is what truly makes me so excited for this trip.

No comments: