Monday, June 24, 2013

New Friends

If anyone reading this is wondering why I'm posting so late, it's because I've been out all night meeting a myriad of new people. This wasn't because of some shared interest or because I met them in my class. No, I met these friends through a random happenstance. It's not at all what I expected to happen, but I guess that's college for you. With the mere words, "Hey you! Let's be friends." I've made over 10 new connections here at Brown. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened earlier. The one bad thing about this is that now I have someone to leave behind in 3 weeks.

Anyway, our first day of class was today. Economics has not started off the way I expected. So far, there haven't been lots of complicated functions and difficult calculations. Instead, we started off by learning about the simple interactions between 2 bodies, like trading. We've gone far in depth with subjects I used to believe were simple.

I'm very interested in my classmates themselves. So far I've met kids from: Greece, Spain, Pakistan, China, England, and even more countries I can't seem to remember now. Along with my new random friends, I'll be sure to make a lot of friends who share my interest in economics. 

In addition to friends, I've discovered the work-out room. This isn't the coolest thing at Brown, but it's nice to know I'm not going to turn into a blob while I'm here. There are actually a load of activities to do everyday. Today Duncan and I attempted to play "Human Mario Kart," which consisted of running around the campus like it was a race track, pegging each other with balls, and making pretend go-kart noises.

I hate to put any negativity in my blog, but somethings been on my mind for quite a while now. I am going to absolutely hate going back to high school. Nothing will compare to what I've experienced in these last few days. Hopefully, I'll be able to push through that last year of high school without falling into some sort of post-college depression.

No comments: