Saturday, June 29, 2013

Speeding Up by Slowing Down

This is how I'm starting to feel about the perspective of time. Time feels faster now that my number of activities and destinations per day has decreased dramatically since the days of the college visits. In the beginning of my trip, almost everything I saw and experienced were new. The days felt very long because I was doing so much. Now, at Brown, I have almost settled into a constant rhythm. After the first few days, many things I see and experience start repeating, thus making days feel shorter because I feel like I do a lot less. Today is Saturday, so I don't have class and the Summer@Brown program didn't have much planned for today other than a trip to Boston and a campus-wide dance. I opted out of the Boston trip because I went to Boston last week, but I decided to give the dance a try. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was a bit disappointed when I arrived. There weren't any lights on in the dance hall and the music didn't appeal to me. Reluctantly, I left and headed back to my dorm, hoping that there'll be better other chances to socialize.

The first week of the Brown program has come to a close. It has been very exciting and interesting so far, and I can bet that the next two weeks will be just as great if not better.

No comments: