Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Check, Double Check, Triple Check

For some reason, despite how much I'm looking forward to this trip, I'm not feeling the slightest bit apprehensive. Usually, such as with the SAT or important tests, I can't sleep the entire night before and can't seem to distract myself from the upcoming event. I don't seem to have such troubles now, but if anything, that's good.

The most important order of business is packing. Don provided us with a huge list of suggested items to bring, and I'm bringing most of them. I'm checking numerous times to make sure I have everything, but I guarantee that I'll end up forgetting 1 thing, or at least feeling like I did.


My Half-packed Bag

Luckily for me, I was on vacation in Florida last week. That means I'm already on East Coast time, and there's no need to adjust myself. Most people are going to be groggy tomorrow morning when they have to get up at 3:00 AM to leave, but I'll feel like it's 6:00 AM. The only downside is that my parents have  had to deal with my loud and obnoxious 4-in-the-morning breakfast meal.

Although fatigue won't be a problem, I know I'm going to have trouble on the plane. The two things that I hate the most are visits to the dentist, and plane rides. If you're reading my blogs daily you'll likely be reading a rant about plane rides tomorrow.

As for the anticipation, I've found it best in the past not to hype things up. I tend to enjoy everything a lot more when I have no expectations. This trip will be like an extra Christmas present that I didn't see under the tree.

No comments: