Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Officially Oriented

Today was the last step in our integration into the Ivy league Connection program and the gateway to breaking off into the details of our trips. 

We met today at Pinole Middle School to discuss the little details of our trip, requirements of each individual, and obvious, yet easily broken, codes of conduct. I was astonished at the amount of information parents wanted to know. A full itinerary of my every day would be given to my parents! The fact that students had trouble leaving their family for a couple of weeks also astonished me, but that's a different topic all together.

Today was just another step in my journey, just another meeting among others; but to me, this meeting is another leap, another curve in the roller coaster toward Brown. Meeting more intimately with my specialized Women and Leadership cohort tonight was wonderful, and I am glad I will be sharing my time with these girls. My head is spinning with all the excitement and details I keep repeating to myself. "Be on time. Pack a toothbrush. Follow all instructions. Bring a medical card. Get used to humidity. And be ready for one crazy ride."  My mind is constantly racing with thoughts and anticipation of my trip.

Today has only added to the pure joy within my heart as I think about my new experiences. We are officially members of the ILC. I did not even realize I could become this excited. Brown: I cannot wait for you! Please hurry!

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Looks to me like you understand perfectly.

Be on time! Follow ALL Instructions!

If you do that, we'll all be happy campers. :-)