Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day One: One Destination

Just a few hours after my last blog, I left home at 3 in the morning with all my luggage to rendezvous with the rest of Brown-I. Despite staying awake until departure, I wasn't feeling too tired; I was probably quite excited and anxious to leave. But the fatigue almost immediately kicked in once I hopped in the airport shuttle, and was asleep almost the whole ride. Although I have flown many international flights, this was actually my first time on a domestic flight. It was a very different experience. It was my first time seeing so many gates for the same airline, Southwest, and my first time riding a comparatively small aircraft. I'm used to riding 747s with large aisles, three rows, and screens for entertainment.


After arriving in Providence, we rented a large van to use for the next three weeks. We weren't able to quickly find our way to the hotel. For some reason, the navigation led us around the back roads of the suburb and we went in a little circle before finding our way to the hotel. We had dinner at a nice burger restaurant (Luxe Burger) after checking in to the lavish, stylish Hotel Providence. By now, everyone's worn-out after abusing our biological clock. Our next destinations are Harvard and MIT. Better be prepared!

No comments: