Thursday, June 13, 2013

Meeting the City Councils

Yesterday the eight ILCers who go to Hercules High School went to the Hercules City Hall and met the city councils. The meeting was quite similar to the School Board meeting except there were not as many people and every ILCers had to give brief speeches in the meeting. 

I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. It's probably because there were less people than I had expected or the process of applying to the program (i.e. interviews) have made me more comfortable speaking in front of people. I tried just speak from my heart, so I did not write down anything I was going to say. However, my speech was really short compare to other people's and did not have much insight on what I was saying. I should have prepared more for the speech, like writing down main points or rehearsing a few times and timing them.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

You did just fine, Johnny. You said just enough.