Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hard Work Begins

I'm going to be honest, Economics wasn't the most difficult class for the first few days. In fact, it was fun to the point where 3 hours only felt like 45 minutes or so. Today, though not lacking in the fun department, was a good amount harder. We've moved on from the simpler subjects of supply and demand. Now we've entered the complicated subjects of tariffs, GDP, and more. For the first time in a while, I really had to focus on my homework to make sure I did it right. However, at the same time, I felt like the homework was helping me learn. I feel a lot more challenged, and its actually a good feeling.

I've also found the closest thing I can to a European soccer community. One of my favorite parts about Europe was the soccer games, and the huge amount of energy that went into them. America really lacks the sport spirit that I experienced in Europe. It turns out, because the Brown program is so diverse, there are lots of people that  want to watch the games that have been on recently. Our RA (regional administrator) set up both the Italy v. Spain, and Uruguay v. Brasil game on huge projectors. I like watching soccer, but I didn't support either team. Needless to say, I was on the edge of my seat during the final few minutes of both games. Both the Spanish and Italian kids did a wonderful job of hyping me up today. It was nice to have a little piece of Europe back in the states.

Its communities like the ones I'm part of here that make me insanely excited for college. Even the hard classes are appealing to me. Like I said, these sort of things make me want to work really hard so that I can get into any college of my choice. The anticipation is slowly killing me.

No comments: