Saturday, June 29, 2013

Crowds

I definitely took as much time as my body wanted to sleep... it was nearly 3 PM by the time I woke up! I went to Chipotle to buy breakfast with my roommate, since it was after lunchtime for the dining halls. I also bought a card so I can do my laundry, but I haven't gotten around to that. 

After my first meal, I went back to my dorm to just read to pass the time. I went to the "V-Dub" to grab dinner after, around 6 PM. We took our time to talk before we got back, but when we did, I continued reading my book. There was a dance at 9 PM, so I started preparing to go shortly before.

I don't think I've ever been to a dance like this one. The Summer@Brown program is rather massive, so it was extremely crowded. Even outside the Alumnae Hall, there were many, many groups of people. Inside, it was an inferno, and there was too much sweat. The whole energetic atmosphere with all the movement didn't interest me as much. I'm a calmer person, and I prefer hanging out with smaller groups of friends. Sure, I like meeting strangers, but dancing. clubbing, partying, etc. just aren't that fun to me. 

We went to a diner right after. I bought a burger and a milkshake, and it was... extremely filling. I had some trouble walking after that. The group went back to the dorm to chill out in the lounge, and I was downed on one of the couches. We sat around to talk, though we went back to our dorms to sleep after. 


No comments: