Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tired, Tired, Tired

Today I woke up at 5:45 AM, a little earlier than I needed to. We all got together at 6:30 AM in the hotel lobby and started waling to the train station. The train system here is called Amtrak. We took a 50-minute ride from Providence to Boston. I was so tired from waking up so early and the jet lag that I couldn't help falling asleep in the train. After we arrived at Boston we took the subway system in the Boston area called T to Harvard. Harvard was the oldest college in America. Its age is reflected in the architecture. Almost all of the buildings are red-bricked and the environment is also very traditional. 

After we had lunch at Harvard, we went to MIT, which is just two subway stations away from Harvard. The architecture of MIT is the exact opposite of that of Harvard. MIT has very modern buildings and the buildings were named by numbers instead of by some persons' names. We went to building 6 for the information session and then we just walked around the campus by ourselves. 

Since the MIT tour was quite short, we had plenty of time to spend after visiting it. Our chaperone decided to go to Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. Unfortunately, the stadium is closed and there is no game today, so we were not able to see the stadium and the famous Green Monster.

We walked quite a bit today. By the time we were at Amtrak waiting for the train, no one wants to walk anymore and we just sat there for about half an hour. On the train ride back to Providence, I tried staying awake, but my eyelids betrayed me. Although my legs sore after the day's walking, I'm glad that I saw the colleges and get to know the colleges very well.

No comments: