Saturday, June 29, 2013

Fin de Semana (That's Spanish for Weekend)

Today was the most fun day I've had on the trip so far. No, it wasn't because we didn't have class. No, it wasn't because of all the fun things I did in Providence. Today was the most fun because of the people here at Brown. True the day started off a little slow, due to my lack of sleep. Once I had lunch in my system, it was all uphill. Duncan and I met up with our new friends at the Providence Mall. Our time their consisted of walking around the mall and shopping for women's clothing.(This was the choice of my female friends, to clear things up.) It doesn't sound all that appealing to anyone of the male gender. Like I said, it wasn't the process itself that was enjoyed, it was the people to enjoy it with. Chatting, joking, and being goofballs gave me a feeling of pure joy. 

The rest of the day involved us walking home, and singing random songs in imperfect harmony for hours. In our dorm, Duncan and I made up around 1,000 new songs about nothing using the same 4 chords on a guitar. This spark of creativity was ended by the stupidest joke Duncan has ever told, and an uncontrolled 5 minute fit of laughter. I can't remember the last time I've laughed that hard.

Now to relate this experience to college. I never imagined that I'd have this much fun in so little time. It's been less than a week, and already I'm living the life I thought I'd be living at the end of my trip. Just some words of wisdom to those nearing college life. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, or what you like. When you go to college, you're going to find at least one person who you can share your interests and time with. There's no room to be excluded or antisocial. You're going to have fun, no matter where you go.

No comments: